Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often should i feed this 11" monster anyway like once a day or what? its a big bloody fish i know he will eat alot but not that often could he??? well not as often as you would feed a small red would you?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
once a day maybe every other day should be just fine.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
from what i hear they only eat like 2 times a week...maybe 3-4 every couple weeks....now i could be wrong about this...but its what i read

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i will have to see what his appetite is like now wont i lol :nod:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you have a good current in your tank for your fish to swim in and burn excess calories it may eat more then in just a still tank.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so ill just see what happens and as for prefered size if the meal like a 8" long and 2 cm thick of like talapia os any other white flesh fish you think that enough for one meal?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Once a week...or maybe twice. When you have them for a while they will let you know if they are hungry. If you try feeding daily you will be wasting a lot of food...and constantly pulling rotting food out of the tank.

Moved to feeding forum.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
I fed my old guy usually once a day but would occasionally miss a day either forgeting or just being busy. It also depends on how much you feed them, if you feed them big chunks chances are he won't want to eat everyday. If you feed them smaller chunks, he might eat everyday. Just find out with your serving size how often the fish wants to eat, then adjust from there.

What I mean by that, try to feed him everyday once he gets adjusted to his new tank. If he only eats 3 out of the 7 times then just start feeding him once every other day.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
my rhom eats everyday, bite size pieces

and a big powerhead is a must to move that big guy around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts