Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 9 rhb's ranging from 6 inches to around 9 inches in a 200 gallon tank. They are going thru approximately 400 goldfish a week. Is that too much, or should I cut back?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well get them on pellets ,, much cheaper then goldfish and wayy more nutritious ..
You could get some frozen shrimp,tilapia,salmon,catfish ,cut in chunks ,add some vitachem and freeze it.. i use it together with pellets and blood worms (mine are 3-4inches) and they have awesome color and healthy

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't feed goldfish at all as they are members of Cyprinid family (carp fish) and should be avoided, as they have growth-inhibiting hormones ( Thiaminase/Vitamine B1 inhibitors), which negatively affect your piranhas health and development...i would feed them minnows or tilapia or any other type of fish...fresh fish section at your grocery shop has a good selection...and feed as much as they can eat in 3-6 minutes 4 times a week...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't like goldfish very recyclable fish and all sick although they don't give anything good from vitamin.
I personally have 2 adults like poop machines :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:and feeding them 3 times per day frozen shrimps...
It cost me like 12 euros per month.
You can try shrimps, frozen mouse, fresh fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts