Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 70 gallon i have 3 reds, i was try to get one other but he was eaten 21 days after.
iwant to get more reds but how much ??????
2 news with my 3 ?
5 fish global ?
and how do insert the news?
do grow in a 15 gallon ?
i speak very bad !!! everybody understand me ?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
5 is a good number for a 70 gallon. I just get ones about the same size, and toss them in. If there are any disputes or fights, I rearange the tank a little to rattle them and rid the established territories. Havent lost one yet!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
1 more would be good.. 2 would be pushing it if your planning to leave them there forever. Also the only reason I can think of the reason why the other got killed is that the previous 3 already established territorial grounds and bonded within the shoal.

Lower temps next time and arrange your decors.. this would help.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I also have five in a 75g. They are about 4 or 5 inches long. I have only plants and a few rocks in there to maximize swim area. They are doing fine!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have been keeping 7 in a 75 but do nto recomend it as it is not wise, onl y had one small issue but nothing to major. As u can see in my signature they are not small reds, got some monsters in there but 5 is a good number to have.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
what are the dimensions of your tank as us gals is different to everybody elses if 75 gal (std gals 4.45ltr ) in us that would be @ 90 us gal as a guess .
give us the tank size and we could get a better understanding of size but i would say possibly 4-5 fish
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
No more than 4...5 would be risky...still, you can try!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks all, i thinks 5 would run, but the problem is the ps that i buy are very small and i shoud make a wall in the tank to make grow the two other, because the 3 will eat them like the other day when i put one small red with the 3...

so one few day i ll buy two reds,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.