Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there will be piranhas in it

how much does a fx5 cost in canada??

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
the ehiem professional 3 has a massive bio capacity around 5 gallons, the eheim will probably run you $400 american. The fx5's ive seen for $400 in stores and $200 on ebay. Try ebay if you want to get a fx5, i dont know how much the shipping will cost tho.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i found a site that sell fx5 for like $400 and some $$ and i think shipping is free petsandponds.com

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
or what one other filter can i put on it that will work (one)

·
Registered
451 Posts
i am woundering how much does a ac110 cost
would only 2 ac 110 work for a 157g??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I bought my FX5 brand new here in the states for $250 from my local fish store.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
i am woundering how much does a ac110 cost
would only 2 ac 110 work for a 157g??
I bought 2 ac110's from petsmart.com for 100$ including shipping. 2 ac110's would not do the job for a 157 gallon, you would need to throw a canister on there too.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
there will be piranhas in it

how much does a fx5 cost in canada??
I saw today a fx5 at my LFS for 300$ on sale, regular at 400$.
As for AC110, they don't seem too expensive and have a great filtering capacity with 500 gph. I'm not sure how much they cost in Canada, but I've found them on a US site Petsolutions - AC110 for 39.99$ US. That comes to 47 $ canadian... not too expensive for all those gph ! Anyways, I guess you can find similar prices in your city...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well it seems like you're going to keep a shoal in there, so you really should go for 10x turnover. If you really want to use just one more filter then that would be an FX5. Must be pricey up in Canada...check ebay for one.

If it was my tank i would do three AC110's and an XP3

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well it seems like you're going to keep a shoal in there, so you really should go for 10x turnover. If you really want to use just one more filter then that would be an FX5. Must be pricey up in Canada...check ebay for one.

If it was my tank i would do three AC110's and an XP3
The FX5 is over kill for that size tank. You could get something just as good for your size tank for half the cost of the FX5.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Theres no such thing as overkill, and if you are going to keep a shoal of pygos you will need all the filtration you can get.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
How is an FX5 overkill? They are rated at something like 900gph...10x turnover would be ideal which would be around 1500gph....Not to mention you can never have to much filtration I.M.O..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i found one site for a fx5 for $400 and free shipping

what does 10x turnover mean??

would a fx5 be good enough for my tank

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anyone??