Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 caribe(5") and 2 reds (5") in 55 gal currently. I dont want them nipping each other and I know its hard with a small tank I have a 20 gal tank ready if anything does go wrong and I need to move one. But how much should I feed them. I have frozen shrimp and I have a tank with 20 feeders (who have been with me living for a week now temp 80-85). How much how often?

Thanks

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
very strong advice is first off lower your temp to 76-78f no more then that....why? because it can lower the aggression from nipping and killing each other due you have a small tank for them...

feed them 2-3 time a day and make sure their are well fed to avoid the killing and nipping...feed them shrimp, fish filet, talipia, silver side, scallop, etc...variety different food every week.

good luck

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, what 2P said...
And feed as much as they'll eat in a few minutes... until they start to lose interest.

Over time, you'll know just how much to feed each feeding.

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
throw in a couple shrimps a few times a week...shouldnt really require more thant that...but definatly mix it up once in a while with some krill, squid , fish, etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts