Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never bought beef heart before and just found out that the local bel air has some. How much should i buy? SHould i buy a months worth and how much should i buy? DO i buy it in the oz???

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
you might want to buy a small amount to start with to make sure your fish will eat it, some might not

are they going to continue to have it? if so, buy a months worth, as long as you freeze it, it won't go bad.

if they are only going to have it for a short time (for whatever reason), buy more

·
Registered
92 Posts
its better off to buy like half or in smaller portions. i think some flavor or whatever is lost during a long freeze. plus if your p's are just about to try beefheart for the first time they might not like it.

i bought a whole thing which was like under 5$.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
you buy in lbs..and don't buy that much..first buy a small portion..see if your p's will eat it..sometimes they become picky and decide not to eat it, you'll also ended up with freezer burn with it being so long in the freezer.once you have established that they will consume it.buy as you see fit

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I bought a 2 pound beef liver 2 months ago and the day that I purchased it I cut it up into bit sized squares for the P's. I spread it out on a tray, put plastic wrap over it and whenever I decide to feed them beef heart I just go to the freezer and break of a piece. Defrost it and they are fed for the day. Easy, simple, and cheap.

get beefheart or beefliver, and make sure you cut the fat out before you freeze it. Good luck. Shred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.