Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Caribe should I put in my 120 gallon that im gettin soon? I know of the 20 g per fish rule but i heard caribe need more room than 20 g per fish. I dont know wether or not to keep my current reds or not. What would you do? Would you sell the reds and get a tank full of Caribe or 3 reds and 3 caribe?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xenon said:
for life? What size are you getting them at?
Yea for life. I wanna get'em small. Like 3". Where can I get hem this size at? I looked at Shark Aquarium, Fishpost, and Aquascape but they don't have them or don't have the size. Fishpost didn't have size or price on them so I don't know about there.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
6 might be fine for your 3Rbs and 3 Caribas.. especially if your gonna get them at such young age. Then they'll be able to grow together with less caualties. Another good advice is to get the Caribas a lil smaller than the RBs. Caribas tend to get more territorial and eat more then RBs. And if the Caribas do get bigger, they will most def bully the Rbs around.

Can and might work.. Im gonna sell some of my Rbs and keep the 3 biggest ones and add 5 smaller Caribas.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm gonna sell my Red's and get all Caribe. My Red's are really really skittish. I just look at them and they go flying around banging their heads off he tank and jumping out of the water. Makes me really frustrated cause I can't even change my water or they'll jump out of the tank. I might keep two Reds and sell my one-eyed Red. Will them being with Caribe make them a little more bold?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grosse gurke said:
In a 120, I would add 4 cariba with your reds.
Keep two reds or all three? I have a hard time looking at that one with one eye with the others having both eyes. Just looks odd....the caribe will probably pick him off when they find he cant see out one side.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I would keep all the reds. I would be suprised if the cariba took out the red, my little red wont grow and the much larger cariba dont pick on him. I dont think the 1 eye thing will be an issue. I think 7 in a 120 is fine, and when they start getting bigger, you can always sell a red if it starts to feel crowded.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
They will become more active, for one because it is a bigger shoal. You will not have any problems changing water or moving decor around. They will still move away when you are working in the tank.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok...im gonna go with three reds and 4 caribe...i think I'm gonna sell my one-eyed red though and get one that has both eyes. I hate the way it looks. it sticks out more than anything else in the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.