Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has 4 caribe over 5"...and i was looking into buying them...i have a 5", 6" and 7" reds in my tank right now...i was wondering if it could handle those caribe, and for how long..

my layout is 4 feet long, 2 feet deep, and 15.5" high

thanks

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
IDK man, sounds kinda risky to me. You need a 6' tank bad, huh. You can always try it.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I don't know about adding four Cariba to your tank. Actually, you would be maxed out based on your 78g tank. Normally, it is said that you could house 3-4 reds in that tank, but seven fish will be overdoing it between reds and caribas IMO.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
personally, i think its all about the lay-out...i have the EXACT lay out of a 120 gallon except for 1/8 of an inch off the thickness, and 1/2 inch off longnes...and 10" off height (which is no big deal at all cus p's dont really care for the top)....so technically id say i could house 2-3 more p's in there...4-6 fullgrown id say

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with you itstheiceman, it is all about the lay-out of the tank's footprint. E.g.: a 75g and a 90g tank more or less are the same thing (standard) besides the height of the tank. The greatest benefit that you have is that your tank is 24" wide. That is a great width for a piranha tank. I am not sure if your tank has the length needed for all seven fish. Definitely perhaps a few extra, but since Cariba are more territorial that could cause some issues.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
48" x 24" x 15.5" = 77 gallons.
There is no way 7 big Pygos could be fine for life in there. The tank is only 15.5" high, well think about 12-13 inchers in there.
77 gallons = 3 Reds (no caribes) is the max.

Harry

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Way too small fof a tank man.
Get a bigger tank or no caribe for you.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
at the end of the day buddy this is your tank an your fish so at the end of the day we are only here to give you guidnce...............

i personally think it is a tad to small for life but in a shirt term it could work for a little while until agresion starts...............

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A STANDARD 120 GALLON TANK IS 6 FEET LONG
My 120 gallon is 48x24x24 and listed as a standard aquarium size according to the All Glass Aquarium web site. I believe that 72x18x22 is actually a 125 gallon.
[/quote]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM interesting facts....

so now TECHNICALLY...i have a layout of a 120, cept for the height...LOTS OF ROOM...in the end ill probably look at housing 5 full grown reds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.