Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
people say 2-3...depending on the deco...id say atleast 3...depending on the species too....most ppl on here would say 2...i say atleast 3

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you keep up on tank maintenance, you could add a couple more.

are you buying babies?
if so, buy a few extra, you will have casualties
maybe 8 babies

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am gonna have a Piraya, Caribe, Tern, and 2 wild reds in my 75 until about 8 inches then Im upgrading to a 240 after college, If you are planning on upgrading when they become 8-9 inches I would say you could have 5 RBPs. Or a mix, But it will get crowded then Its time for a upgrade.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
yea....three is a good number for that tank......

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I am gonna have a Piraya, Caribe, Tern, and 2 wild reds in my 75 until about 8 inches then Im upgrading to a 240 after college, If you are planning on upgrading when they become 8-9 inches I would say you could have 5 RBPs. Or a mix, But it will get crowded then Its time for a upgrade.
ur gonna have 5 8 inc p's in a 75 ? good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
O...I forgot....If you want the fattest piranha ever...it is only recommended 1....O yea make sure to feed them samon.....
[/quote]
yeah.

I feel so sorry for them Piranha.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had 3 that were 6 inches in a 75 before I upgraded..That worked out just fine..If you want to throw in a fourth go for it but keep in mind overstocking leads to more water changes and added aggression.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
No offense but I think saying only 1 red in a 75 for life sounds a bit rediculous...Then again I could be over looking some logical reason you say this...From everything I have ever read 20 gallon per fish for life is a good rule of thumb on pygo's..Could you elaborate on why you feel only 1 in a 75 for life?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow

thanks for all the help.

I am going to set it up and start out with 5-7 little reds then when they get bigger sell them off and probably just stay with 3-4.

also another question if i can get 3-4 in a 75 for life then can i get 2-3 in a 55 for life?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts