Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
How many p's can i fit in my 55 gallon tank.
its pretty big and its 4 feet long.
Just responding to user name. I would not put a Pygocentrus shoal in a 55 g. Although it may look big into your eyes, the truth is that the smallest shoal 3 Red Bellies need at least a 75 gallon tank, caribes need bigger tank, not to mention the piraya.

A 55 g tank is suitable for a single Serrasalmus species, but for the biggest species (rhombeus, manueli) only when juveniles.
A Pygocentrus should not be kepp solo. They need company.

Harry

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
err no..

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
IMO 3 caribas would be OK for a 75g :nod:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
2 pygos is unlucky you will most likely lose one....the red prob.....pygos need 3 or more from what i understand

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
2 pygos is unlucky you will most likely lose one....the red prob.....pygos need 3 or more from what i understand
What do you mean when you said 3 or more pygos?
[/quote]

because having one pygo is pretty lame on the fish..its supposed to be a shoaled fish, he wouldnt be as aggressive by himself as in a shoal...2 would fight as stated...so technically you would get 3 pygo's....but you shouldnt house them in a 12, because "IF" they were to get full grown which is 12" they would have to make like 5pt turns just to turn around in your tank...75 would be great for 3-4 pygo's

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you mean when you said 3 or more pygos?
[/quote]

because having one pygo is pretty lame on the fish..its supposed to be a shoaled fish, he wouldnt be as aggressive by himself as in a shoal...2 would fight as stated...so technically you would get 3 pygo's....but you shouldnt house them in a 12, because "IF" they were to get full grown which is 12" they would have to make like 5pt turns just to turn around in your tank...75 would be great for 3-4 pygo's
[/quote]
I get you.
So would it be alright to add a rbp even though it wouldnt help out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts