Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
A 12 gallon. You can't even fit one piranha in there. Maybe a dime sized one for like a few weeks. But you're gonna need a way bigger tank. At least 20 gallons for 1 piranha.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CKY said:
A 12 gallon. You can't even fit one piranha in there. Maybe a dime sized one for like a few weeks. But you're gonna need a way bigger tank. At least 20 gallons for 1 piranha.
Maybe I'll just put one in there then and see what happens

What else could I throw in there with the one pirahna that it wont eat?

·
Registered
86 Posts
In a 12 gallon tank you might want to thin kabout getting fish other than piranhas. there are a ton of different kinds of fish out there that would do much better in a small space like that. try some tetras or something like that.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
None. I have a 4 inch Spilo CF and 2 inch rhom in 10 gallons right now but it is just a holding tank until I set up my 55 with a divider. You can put a small piranha in there for a short time and it should only be viewed as a temporary solution.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xenon said:
None. I have a 4 inch Spilo CF and 2 inch rhom in 10 gallons right now but it is just a holding tank until I set up my 55 with a divider. You can put a small piranha in there for a short time and it should only be viewed as a temporary solution.
I am getting baby pirahnas

Maybe I'll just get one and get my $10 back for the other one

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know nothing about fish but I've heard people say that it wont outgrow its environment

I already setup the tank and all that so i'm just gonna get 1 and try it out, hopefully it doesnt get too big

·
Registered
384 Posts
talk about stressing a fish out no way u should put a piranha in a 12 gallon tank i dont care what size u get hell thats like me putting my oscar in a 5 gallon or a betta vase
dont make the fish suffer man

·
Registered
531 Posts
NONE PIRANHAS IN 12 gallon, and 30 gallon too, 50 gallon is the minimum to keep piranha at life !!!! (pygocentrus species )

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice guys

I don't mean to be heartless or cruel so I'll just try out the baby and once it gets bigger I'll save up for a bigger tank

Maybe get a 30 gallon tank or something

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
SonicDark said:
I don't mean to be heartless or cruel so I'll just try out the baby and once it gets bigger I'll save up for a bigger tank
With P's you are talking about a matter of about 2 months at most before it out grows a 12.

~Dj

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
InSinUAsian said:
SonicDark said:
With P's you are talking about a matter of about 2 months at most before it out grows a 12.

~Dj
Where are you people putting a 120 gallon tank?

I mean I can't imagine a tank 10X bigger than my current one in any room in my house

This is more of a hobby for me and I know some of you have places specifically designed for a tank but I dunno

I doubt the shop is going to let me return this tank

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
A 120 is not that big. Its only 60x18x20 or 24. It doest really take up that much room. As for your LFS taking the tank back, good luck with it. You should have come here with Q's first. This board can pretty much answer any P question thrown out.

If you are thinking about getting a different tank, I would recomend at least a 20L for a selet few serras that will be kept there for life. A 40 will pretty much house any solitary P for a good while, most even for life. IF you are thinking about a small school of 3, then I would say a 55 is BARE minimum. If you can go larger, that is always better.

~Dj

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll let you guys know how it works out with the 12 gallon tank

They are just going to have to realize that the 12 gallon is their home and they cant grow very big or they are screwed

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.