Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many caribas can you have in a 300 gallon tank for life?I was thinking maybe 8 or 9 thank's for any info.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I'd go for 15. 20 gallon per fish, so plenty of room for them to spend the remainder of their lives in that tank...

btw: what about some pics?

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
yah at least 15 easy and boy they would get big damn!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool 15 caribas would look tight :rockon: I dont have a 300 yet i live on a 3rd floor apt and it's an old building and i dont trust the floor's strength.Next place i get im gonna make sure it's on the first floor for sure but for now i was thinking about getting a 180 gallon how long could i keep 15 juvenile caribas in a 180 untill i have to upgrade to a 300? Thank's for the info guy's.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yea a 300g tank would weigh more than 2400 lbs. prolly more like 3000+lbs. (just the tank, water, and gravel)

how long till you move to a new place and get the 300g tank?

i would think that 15 cariba could live in a 180 till they are like 4-5 inches. i dont have any personal experience with cariba (my next venture), but they are a lot more territorial and will nip at each other....hence how they got their name.

check out the Information section to read about them.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I have 11 Caribas in a 160g doing great and i have Caribas since 14 years ago so trust me you can put up to 20 in a 300g tank...good choice, the best shoaling Pygo you will find...
!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts