Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I have 2 on my 75. You could go with 2, but they are so cheap, I would go with 3, especially if you are going to have piranhas.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
With messy fish like piranha's (I mean, they eat like pigs, and poop like, well, pigs...), you're never overdoing the filtration of their tank. The morem the better!
Recommended filtration for a piranha tank is at least six times the tank gallonage per hour, preferably 10 times or more, even though they will also do fine with less, but probably will get sick easier (not sure, though)...

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I have 2 on my 75 and all I have in it is a large rhom. I would rather have too much than too little and at 30.00 a filter, I decided to get 2 an my water is very clear.

I also thought I would add that I have an emp400 on a 20 gallon so I do like filtration!!!!!!

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
grosse gurke said:
I have 2 on my 75 and all I have in it is a large rhom. I would rather have too much than too little and at 30.00 a filter, I decided to get 2 an my water is very clear.

I also thought I would add that I have an emp400 on a 20 gallon so I do like filtration!!!!!!
Weird

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
One of those filters would do the trick even, why not use one and then get an undergravel filter with a powerhead for extra water flow...
2 would also be fine as well
the use of 3 would just be a little overboard and more a waste of electricity than anything, plus I think it would look weird on that tank

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have two ac500's and a fluval 404 on my 135 and love the water quality. And plus I plan on getting more p's for it in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts