Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k fuk i have 7 red bellies in about a 100 gallon tank how long u think it would take for them to be full grown and is there ant faster way to make them grow quicker without using steroids lol

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
To expect full growth at any point with that many reds in that size tank is stretching it.
You'll have to do enormous water changes to get any substantial growth to a point... and then I think they're gonna "Plateau" early on ya.

That is to say, if you mean "Full size" as being a foot long.
If you're happy with nice 6-7 inch fish... you should be fine providing you keep your parameters in check and feed proplerly.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
a 100g isnt really suitable for that many pygo's, you could have about 4 POSSIBLY 5 full grown in there...as stated do big water changes weekly, feed them no feeders but like shrimp, talpia, white meat and then they should grow nicely with nice colors, but i do suggest a down size if you want to keep the most part of them

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
You can expect them to be about full grown in a few years. They could always get a bit bigger after that too.

To get them to grow fast, feed them a diet rich in protein and vitamins and minerals and such. Waterchanges are also very important in determining the speed of growth.

Good luck!
~Taylor~

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
depending on the dimensions, I'd say 5 specimens for that tank would be a perfect....

Piranha dude use to be my display name, and I changed it to jim about a month ago :laugh:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
k fuk i have 7 red bellies in about a 100 gallon tank how long u think it would take for them to be full grown and is there ant faster way to make them grow quicker without using steroids lol
what size are the redz now...if small you will see a rapid growth for a little while then it will slow way down on account of you having 7 in that tank....if you want full grown fast start looking for something bigger

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i have 7 red bellies in about a 100 gallon tank how long u think it would take for them to be full grown and is there ant faster way to make them grow quicker without using steroids lol
You can no way expect them tobe full grown in only a 100 gallon tank.
Perhaps 8-9 inches in two-three years depending on water changes and feedings.
But casualties are to be expected.

Harry

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Varied diet, large water changes, and a larger tank would speed up the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts