Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 4 large goldfish today and put them in my 2 gallon feeder tank. How long should I let them live before dropping them in with my Nasty Nine? First live feeding besides the crayfish they tear up.

-Kevin-

·
Registered
38 Posts
Keep em in for at least a week if not longer just to make sure that none have disease or parasites which would probably kill the goldfish in about a week.... the longer the better... and also a goldfish with its fines sticking out is a sign of healthiness... the more active it is the strong the goldfish is... and p's really enjoy the chase for live prey

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i say fu*k it and do it whenever there hungry.carnage carnage.swim, swim, swim

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
and p's really enjoy the chase for live prey
I know what you mean or met by that, but when I buy goldfish, like tonite, they don't put up much of a chase. I think they have to be the stupidiest fish alive, they swim right up to my P, get chomped on, and come right back 2 seconds later with total disregard for their lives. The giant danios I buy on the other hand, they are fast little bastards and give my P a workout

·
Registered
834 Posts
If your sure the petstore you got them from knows what there doing, i'd say bust out a fork stab the large feeder in the side and toss one in, your p's will go nuts they love the sign of blood/injured fish. Oh also sit there for awhile and watch them i threw a 7 inch feeder in my tank and he sorta hung up by the filter, but when i woke up in the morning all that was left was a little piece of goldfish. Good luck also a video if possible!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts