Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I was thinking about getting a bigger tank. Currently I have a 75 with one 5-6 inch red belly. I was thinking about getting two or three more of the same size. But at 10 or 12 inches when fully grown they will look way to big for the tank in my opinion. So how long will they take to go from 5 to 12 inches? I think they would look awesome in a 125 gallon! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It took my red belly to get to 10in in about 2 years. But he has been in large tanks. I would say 2-3 pending on tank size.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
They keep growing rapidly until the reach 5-7" in length (within 8-10 months, depending on many factors like water quality, diet, tank size etc.). After that, their growth slows down noticably.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Most people will not be able to grow Natts to 12" for some reason, but I have friends that have searched all resources and they just arent out there in the US and Canada at least.

If you did have a fish that had the possiblilty for that size you are looking at least 5 years more like 7 or 8 though

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Your going to keep all those reds in your 240? While reading your sig I thought I read it wrong. You should go post some pics, I would like to see your tank.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
Most people will not be able to grow Natts to 12" for some reason, but I have friends that have searched all resources and they just arent out there in the US and Canada at least.

If you did have a fish that had the possiblilty for that size you are looking at least 5 years more like 7 or 8 though
Yeah they rarely get to be 12 inches, a 75 gallon should be fine to house like 3-4 reds for a long while if not for life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts