Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may already know, I just added him yesterday after arriving overnight. He seems to be doing a better, physically, but he is not showing any agressiveness yet. I have a pleco and tetra who were in there prior, and they seem to be trying to make friends with him. Lol, I know he's still settling in, but I just want to make sure he's not a fruity or anything. Opinions?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As you may already know, I just added him yesterday after arriving overnight. He seems to be doing a better, physically, but he is not showing any agressiveness yet. I have a pleco and tetra who were in there prior, and they seem to be trying to make friends with him. Lol, I know he's still settling in, but I just want to make sure he's not a fruity or anything. Opinions?
All fish is different...It will adjust to its own pace.. but usually with 2-4 days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, i just want to make sure he's not a monk, cuz I'll be ticked and someone will be getting a free fish!

·
Registered
307 Posts
The tetra will be dead by the end of the week. He will remain skittish for years to come, unless you are got lucky and got a very bold black. In which case, congratulations!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
You never know, he may live the rest of his life with those fish. Some fish are aggressive, others seem to be very mellow, it really just depends on the fish. Really no way to tell what type of fish you are getting unless you get one from someone else and then you can usually have a pretty good idea of how the fish will act once it gets settled in. Being that I am guessing you bought it from a sponsor, you wont know till he settles into your tank... he may be super aggressive, he may just hide in the corner.

As for a set amount of time, there is really no way to know, he may be fine tomorrow, he may always be skittish, again, just varies fish to fish.

Just as a quick addition, anyone who tells you your fish will be fine in X number of days is just guessing and has no idea.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You never know, he may live the rest of his life with those fish. Some fish are aggressive, others seem to be very mellow, it really just depends on the fish. Really no way to tell what type of fish you are getting unless you get one from someone else and then you can usually have a pretty good idea of how the fish will act once it gets settled in. Being that I am guessing you bought it from a sponsor, you wont know till he settles into your tank... he may be super aggressive, he may just hide in the corner.

As for a set amount of time, there is really no way to know, he may be fine tomorrow, he may always be skittish, again, just varies fish to fish.
thanks riz, i appreciate your opinion. I guess i'm just anxious to see how he's going to turn out. He's not really skittish at all. He constantly swims around slowly in the tank, and just stares right back at me when i put my face up to the glass. Both times I owned reds, they were all the same size as him and would freak out every time i did that. I sort of feel like a pain in the a$$ asking all these random questions, i've just wanted one for so long and am hoping he turns out really aggressive. haha, after all, I didn't spend $200 just because he has red eyes. He does look tight though.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts

thanks riz, i appreciate your opinion. I guess i'm just anxious to see how he's going to turn out. He's not really skittish at all. He constantly swims around slowly in the tank, and just stares right back at me when i put my face up to the glass. Both times I owned reds, they were all the same size as him and would freak out every time i did that. I sort of feel like a pain in the a$$ asking all these random questions, i've just wanted one for so long and am hoping he turns out really aggressive. haha, after all, I didn't spend $200 just because he has red eyes. He does look tight though.
[/quote]

Yea... its really just luck of the draw as to the type of the fish.

You may want to post in the correct forums though... sick fish go in the sick fish section, feeding questions in the feeding section, taylor is going to have a field day moving all these threads around tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts