Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got some java moss, finally, it is very hard to find around here. How long does it take to attatch itself to dw so that I can take the fishing line off? Java moss will attatch itself to dw but what about rocks and also filter intake tubes. I would like to hide my intake tubes with java moss, will it attatch to intake tubes? Thanks.

· Registered
2,040 Posts
BigChuckP said:
Today I got some java moss, finally, it is very hard to find around here. How long does it take to attatch itself to dw so that I can take the fishing line off? Java moss will attatch itself to dw but what about rocks and also filter intake tubes. I would like to hide my intake tubes with java moss, will it attatch to intake tubes? Thanks.
[snapback]862933[/snapback]​
wow, never thought of that. That would be cool. Keep us posted and take photos of your tank when you are done..

· Photo Whore
2,496 Posts
Gumby said:
It probably won't attach to the intake tubes because it needs some kind of porous surface to grip on to.
[snapback]865038[/snapback]​
I think Gumby is right. Try attaching some foam like you get to wrap around plant roots before attaching lead weights. This should give the roots something to grip. Tie it all on with fine fishing line. Did it a few years back and it worked a treat, just have to be careful of old dead leaves comming away and blocking the intake.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased some aqua safe silicone and have attatched gravel to my intake filter for the moss to grab on to. Once I have completed this project I will post some pictures to show the results, as I think that it will improve the look of my tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.