Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
im not sure how driftwood is suppose to work if you buy it from a store and a piece of slate rock is not attached to it.

they driftwood that i used i "made" myself...meaning that i weighted the piece of wood down in a bucket (i actually used a cleaned out garbage can cause it was so big) full of water and kept it in there for about 2-3 weeks.

you may want to try that...or weight it down in your aquarium

the wood will float in there for a very long time

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Mylasian driftwood will sink pretty fast. I have had another kind that if i took the rock off it would still float. It has been two mos now.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
How big is this driftwood of yours and how long have you treat it before putting in your tank? Even though wood has been in the tank for several days, if not untreated.. it will float for a good long while. Boiling driftwood soaks through and releases oxygen in the layers. Treating will not only help it become submerge, but help kill hidden bacteria and insects hidden.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
NJJustin said:
i just threw it in the boiling water for a minute to clean it. I'm goin to re-boil it and really leave it in there for awhile. The wood is about 14" high with a 8" branch sticking out to the side. Howlong should i boil it for???
Try to boil each parts evenly.. I say 2 days each sides. Boil in a bucket at night and letsoak till morning

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.