Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of 1 of my RB'S I have 7. 3 are sick this is the worst one although another 1 is lying on his side at the bottom of the tank.. all 3 have white eyes and what also looks like fin rott .... the others are ok..
please help...

I would like to add that the water is ok...I have a 100gal tank...I added salt yesterday...about 5 tbls...

Attachments

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
holy god!..f*cking sh*t...it look like it got the lip cut or something....feel really bad for the fish.

Here is how you can treat them....

Add some aqaurium salt, and melefix to the tank add by direction on the back of the lable...Do 40-50% of water change weekly...keep adding salt and malefix everytime you do water change. raise you temp up...be sure you keep your eyes out when you rais up your temp, thier seem to get aggressive with high temp.

how is that happen? how many you have in your 100g? it look like lip got cut.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy god!..f*cking sh*t...it look like it got the lip cut or something....feel really bad for the fish.

Here is how you can treat them....

Add some aqaurium salt, and melefix to the tank add by direction on the back of the lable...Do 40-50% of water change weekly...keep adding salt and malefix everytime you do water change. raise you temp up...be sure you keep your eyes out when you rais up your temp, thier seem to get aggressive with high temp.

how is that happen? how many you have in your 100g? it look like lip got cut.
3 are like this although this is the worst.. I have four others but they are ok...I thought it was an amonia spike first but that is ok...

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
also what is your water parameter, your what filteration you running....you have 7 in 100g...? that is crowed the tank. you should have 4-5 in 100g....

Also I for got the mention that take the sick piranha out from the tank and put it in a hopital tank..so other piranha dont get sick as well. But to be in the safe side you should treat the other 4 piranha just incase thier are sick that you dont know about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also what is your water parameter, your what filteration you running....you have 7 in 100g...? that is crowed the tank. you should have 4-5 in 100g....

Also I for got the mention that take the sick piranha out from the tank and put it in a hopital tank..so other piranha dont get sick as well. But to be in the safe side you should treat the other 4 piranha just incase thier are sick that you dont know about.
I have 2 internal filters that pump 400liters an hour each.. and a rena xp3 I have no problems with the water I do water changes every week I know there are 2 many fish for this tank I'm looking for a bigger tank as we speak...

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Yes the bigger tank the better...your filteration are good enough for you set up..when you do water change have you dont any gravel vacuum? get atleast 125g..or bigger for 7 piranha..

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the bigger tank the better...your filteration are good enough for you set up..when you do water change have you dont any gravel vacuum? get atleast 125g..or bigger for 7 piranha..

Good luck with everything.
oh yes I do hoover.... my misses says I hoover the bloody fish tank more than I hoover the house...

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
You do frequent water changes, but how much are you changing at a time?

I wanna hear "50%" per change.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
You need to post up water params and not just say it's good because to me it looks like a case of either acid or ammonia burn that turned for the worse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to post up water params and not just say it's good because to me it looks like a case of either acid or ammonia burn that turned for the worse.
nitrate<0.3mg/l (this is very low) PH 7.5.. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem was... I introduced 20 zebra fish a couple of weeks ago.. I chose these fish because they are fast and they don't get eaten so quick...I had them in another tank for 2 weeks before I introduced them to make sure they were ok.........well I noticed that 3 of my RB's eat them up very quickly and it is these RB's that are sick the other 4 are perfectly ok...

I usually do a 30% water change 1-2 times a week..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 3 that were sick have died it was not a fight it was an illness they seemed to rot away... 4 left now and 1 of those is showing signs of the illness as well, he is in a hospital tank and I have also treated the main tank so ..fingers crossed... they will live but I'm doughtful...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Man sorry to hear that, ive have feeders kill 6 of my rbps from disease they brought into the tank. I really didnt know feeders could bring a disease like that into your tank tho cuz your fish looks pretty messed up and does look like an ammonia burn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm treating them with melafix.. It must have been a disease because if it was amonia burn etc.. shorly this would of affected all the fish, I have 4 other RB's and they are just fine, eating ok etc!

To be honest I really don't know what it was but because the water parameters are and were very good ..what else could it be... ? One thing I have noticed is that the 3 that died were the biggest the 4 that are left are smaller, that is why I think it was the fish I introduced that killed them..the 3 biggest always eat the other fish first the smaller one's don't get a chance....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts