Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
how do i lower my nitrite level everything else is just how it should be but the nitrite? maybe the real plants i have in the tank? no big deal its just not where i always have it at 0 ppm im very particular with my water params any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
how do i lower my nitrite level everything else is just how it should be but the nitrite? maybe the real plants i have in the tank? no big deal its just not where i always have it at 0 ppm im very particular with my water params any suggestions?
nitrite reading should always be 0

if you can measure nitrites it means you don't have sufficient bacteria to deal with the bioload in your tank;
it means that or your tank was not properly cycled, or you suddenly increased the bioload (added fish, increased feeding, leftover food, ...), or you don't have enough filtration (not enough space for the bacteria to settle), or you might have killed part of the bacteria (replacing filter media, using chlorinated water fo water chagnes, rinsing filter media under the tap,etc).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing it would be is plant which i dont think would do it and the food cuz ive been trying to feed them for four days in a row so thats all cool thanks now i did a water change and everything is all good thanks guys :nod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.