Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jsut curious how I would go about getting some RB's if they are illegal in my state (Washington) ? From what I have heard it is just illegal to sell them. Anyone know for sure on this ? Couldn't I just buy a goldfish for 50 bucks and get the rb's for free ? Cuz techincally I am not "buying" the rb's. LOL ... I know scalpers do that here with baseball tickets to sell them way over face value, but not with goldfish. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Instead of saying it on the board, pm email or call some of the sellers. Good luck with your future purchase

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Or just drive into Portland if its not too far. P's are legal in Oregon.

~Dj

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A guy I work with drove to Oregon to get his. He has had his for a few years. But I am working so dang much I dont have 7 hours to go to Portland and back. I am feeling a little sick though *cough cough* I might have to call in sick to work one of these days

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Well you have to figure that if you get them shipped to you, you will be looking at $50 bucks minimum. I think the 7 hour drive will prove to be worth it. It also adds a "sentimental" attachment to you fish, since you had to make a trip to get them. Good luck with finding what you are looking for, and keep us posted.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
InSinUAsian said:
I think the 7 hour drive will prove to be worth it. It also adds a "sentimental" attachment to you fish, since you had to make a trip to get them
Dj's right!!! It will be a fun trip, you'll get attatched to your fish more while at the same time go on an adventure seeing the wonderful sites along the way. Dont worry about "how to" transporting Ps for several hrs. We have a bunch of folks to help out in that dept. also

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
7 hours is nothing a bucket (or cooler) and a battery powered airpump wont cure.

~Dj

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW 50 bucks to have P's shipped ? that sucks, I was thinking of getting some of the 1 inch ones from Aquascape to get me started. They post that those have free shipping. I wouldnt mind the trip down to Portland, except that I dont get many days off from work and when I do have it off I like to spend it with the family " insert p*ssy whip joke here" A guy I work with knows the store that sells them in Portland and maybe I could sucker .. I mean have him drive us both down there to get some. I will keep ya'all posted on my awaited new fish family.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
GARGOYLE said:
Instead of saying it on the board, pm email or call some of the sellers. Good luck with your future purchase
look through see forum..there might be people in your area that would like to sell to you

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can also get some red bellies from a place called the farm store that is located not far from portland in a town called forest grove,oregon.The phone number is 503-359-7664.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know the name of the fish place in Portland. My buddy just told me he went to one there to get his. I dont want ot invest a bunch of $$ on my first piranhas since I dont really know what I am doing with them. I dont feel like kicking down about 50 bucks for a few fish just to have them doin the belly float. I would like to get some fry and watch grow up to be monsters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aquascape isn't free shipping, he does next day 10 am Airborne Express COD so Airborne Express bills you directly for the actual shipping costs. He's in New Jersey, so your shipping cost will probably be significant, like $30 maybe, plus the cost of the P's? But it's an EASY EASY way to get 'em in your situation.

Jerry

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
You can travel down to oregon and then bring them back to ur house

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Joker said:
I was jsut curious how I would go about getting some RB's if they are illegal in my state (Washington) ? From what I have heard it is just illegal to sell them. Anyone know for sure on this ? Couldn't I just buy a goldfish for 50 bucks and get the rb's for free ? Cuz techincally I am not "buying" the rb's. LOL ... I know scalpers do that here with baseball tickets to sell them way over face value, but not with goldfish. Any help on this would be great. Thanks
i belive its illegal to own them, but not to sell them.

but im going to give you the lowdown. never ever say I wan't illegal fish, no one wants to get involved because it spooks them. but if you simplely try ordering them you may get lucky. their are many people online that will ship fish. but never say illegal, thats a bad word.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL .. yeah true Nitro , didnt think about scarin anyone. But I still needa get my tank set up. Then I will worry about getting them. Thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts