Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wondering how quick rbp will grow, im looking at getting some rbp for my uk 50g, originally i wanted 5 but after seeing how big the ones at the aquarium are i could see that theyed be pretty cramped so i though id get just 3. The trouble is im getting them between 1 and 2 inches big, and in a 50g tank it wil look pretty empty, how long till they get to about 5 inches. thinking of getting maybe 5 or 6 then when there at 6 inches giving a few away, that way i can keep the best looking ones.

let me know what you guys thinks and gals, cheers.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
7 to 8 inches in the first year then 1 inch a year after that. something like that

· Registered
1,145 Posts
I agree ads, get 5 or 6 then give some away when they are out growing your tank which will probably only be a couple of months.You may even lose a few through cannabalism if you are unlucky. Your 1st year they will grow very quick or untill they hit about 6" mark anyway. I started with small Reds and it is great fun watching them grow.

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i can only have 2 reds in there then i would rather just get a single rhom, iv got time to decide anyways as im starting my cycle tomorrow as well as building a decent hood for my tank.

1 rhom or 5 juvi reds????

· Registered
325 Posts
do not feef them feeders maybe for a treat and give em plenty of other foods and keep the water clean that should make your p's grow up fast and real healthy.

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
too hard to decide theres so many pros and cons to think of, thinking ill probably get 5 reds and then give a couple away when they are bigger or maybe even get a much larger tank at the time and try to bread them, heck if im gunna see them go from juvi to adult then i may as well try and get them to breed. give me a challenge.

· Registered
564 Posts
ads910 said:
they look wicked mate how long you had them
[snapback]858965[/snapback]​
I've had them for about 20 days. What do you mean by 'wicked' ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.