Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading posts for awhile and I'd like to comment that this is a great site.

My question is regarding the neccessity for a hood on the tank. I am starting a tank with some baby rbps and I don't have a hood for the tank yet. How important is it? I don't want to come home and find any of them laying on the ground next to the tank, but I don't want to get screwed by the pet store on a hood... (Chicago sales tax is a killer) If I do end up getting a hood, I think I want to go with something simple, like a plain glass canopy. Thanks everyone.

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
get something. i though the same thing "they will be good untill they are bigger" NOPE!! my biggest jumped out when i was out and died. right now i just have a few pices of glass to cover. untill i got the money to order one.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I agree that you need something to cover the tank. My P's hit my hood often and I'm sure if it was not there they would be on the floor.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
ya good idea on getting a hood keeps dust and stuff out of the tank.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Yeah, listen to Crozy.. he actually found out the hard way. Yeah hoods are a neccessity. Just like the previous responses, they help keep out dust or unwanted things to go into the tank, helps control the evaporation , and especially to keep your fish from jumping out. If you have a Home Depot near you, they can cut you off a thin layer of plexi for cheap. Its very helpful and affordable for now if you cant get a real hood or canopy.

BTW.. Wlecome to the Board!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i ordered a plain glass canopy from drsfostersmith.com last friday, so tomorrow my fish should be safe and the evaporation should slow down some! the way it is now, even if they decide they want to become terrestrial animals i spend enough time just sitting there watching them that I'll be there to rescue them and chastise them for their misbehavior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.