Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its made and welded by me out of 11 gauge steel. Im going to paint it soon, I just wanted to get a few pictures to show you guys. it holds a 35 gallon hexagon tank that my carny friends gave me.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another view

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
very nice, only one thing I would have done differernt, I would have extended the sides about a 1/4" past the part the tank sits on that way it would prevent the tank being "pushed" of the stand

with big tanks its not an issue because they weigh so much but tanks under 75g I would worry about

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sir Nathan XXI said:
very nice, only one thing I would have done differernt, I would have extended the sides about a 1/4" past the part the tank sits on that way it would prevent the tank being "pushed" of the stand

with big tanks its not an issue because they weigh so much but tanks under 75g I would worry about
it is, check out the top pic, its slightly bigger than the tank

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sir Nathan XXI said:
no I ment like an extra lip to keep it from going over the edges
never thought of that, my other stands didn't have a lip so I never thought of making one.

for anyone one local,I could hook you up with something, but shipping would be crazy, that stand must weigh 100 lbs. once I paint it ill have to snap another pic of it in place next to my couch.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
That is a sweet aquarium I am jealous. Good job man

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Raptor said:
Nice bead job. It that cold rolled stainless 400 series? Are ya a welder? That is some impressive welds.
its regular mild steel cold rolled(not stainless
I wish it was) 11 gauge, mig welded with a mixture of argon and o2 shielding gas with copper coated .045 wire.

ya I weld
, I always like making stuff like this.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
what are you going to put in it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts