Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Well i got 3 new reds for free about 5 days ago..and so i added them with the rest of my shoal

and i think it was a bad idea scince now all of them are fighting, i think i messed up the peking order of the shoal by adding these 3 new reds

well so far none of my 6 reds are in any danger i am more worried about the 3 new guys they have been fighting scince they got in and this 1 red has a really bad looking BITE on him.... i dont think he will make it past next week if this keeps up ....

well heres a pic ...what do u guys think i should do? wait it out or put him out of his misery now?

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea thats the problem... I dont have another tank to put him in

the only spare tank i got is the 5 gal with 2 fat goldfish ive been keepinh in there now for about a month...other than that i have no choice but to leave him in there .... i hope he lives until i find a home for the 3 reds

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
Do you have a cheap plastic container? or go to wal mart and get one. Look for something that the fish could fit in, that you could also throw in the tank. Make sure there are plenty of holes in it for water to go in and out easily. Almost like a cage for this one guy, he'll still be in the same tank, but the other fish won't attack him. (make sure it has lid that locks in place)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I agree with b_ack, seperate him somehow until he makes a recovery, even if it means putting up a little plastic barrier in your tank. You don't want him looking like he is weaker than the others or they might be more inclined to pick on him.

· Oh, SNAP!
3,669 Posts
Re-arrange de decor in the tank so that they stablish new territories and maybe even the pecking order.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
No need to euthanise.. the wound will grouw back. It'll scar or maybe have some deformation, but he'll pull thru.

Moved to Disease & Injury Forum

· Registered
1,693 Posts
i just had a piranha recover from a similiar bite and he wasn't even seperated. i thought he just got it from a fight and not bullying, so i salted and changed water and fed, and now he's a-ok. he actually looked worse than your guy. it's been about a week and it's just a deep divot in his skin that is darkening and filling in. if it's obvious bullying, it's time to break up the party.

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kev4321 said:
how big is he compared to your other guys? is he the smallest?
[snapback]874938[/snapback]​
Naw he isnt the smallest , Hes about 5.5 inches and there are about 2 that are only 5inches ....

and ABB where can i get an eggcrate? and how would i be able to cut it to fit my tank?

· Registered
126 Posts
What's up RD long time bra, just get a divider at home depot go to the lighting section and just grab a scrap piece of the square grate they use in recessed lighting it'll run ya about a buck 0r 2. or go to the pipe section an grab a pvc drain grate like the ones that folks put on their ground efx thats about 4 bucks. good luck bra

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.