Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well within the next 45 minutes my new supposed hollandi from aquascape along with a couple 1" reds to add to my lil bitty guys collection will be here. is this post useless without pics or any reason other than to yell woohoo on my new stuff.. yes. BUUUT im happy so be happy for me hahaha. anywho ill get some pics soon as everyone is opened up and hopefully doing well. Got a new tattoo'd oscar last night that isnt faring well at all for some reason but i was just told bout an hour ago how much trouble those tattood and dyed fish can have even living. wish i would have known before i just bought the lil turd cuz he was cute and i had 50 empty gallons waitin for something. o well live and learn. hopefully learning with something other than my beloved p's. well gotta go!

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
cool- good luck man!

i assume you have a cycled tank ready etc..

yeah and get pics asap

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup. he's gonna be kickin in the 30g for now. probably a 75 later if he gets big enough. looks amazing, just got him in the tank. plus i got a couple free 1" rbp's. pretty awesome gettin more than you paid for. woohoo. anywho i gotta find the camera charger to get some pics.. kinda dunno where it is

·
Quintessential 80s Guy
5,857 Posts
those looked great on his site. is the hollandi species confirmed? nevertheless it looks like an amazing serra to own. cant wait to see your pics when he arrives.

·
Rodgers' Aquatics
2,538 Posts
I had a friend of mine who ordered a "hollandi" from Pedro a few months back, it ended up being a juvenile S. Compresus, I have yet to see a true hollandi in anyone's posession...I hope it is one, because I'd really like to see it so please post pics when he arrives!

·
Registered
775 Posts
are hollandis hard to find or extra aggressive or something?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i got the pics,

turned out real cloudy lookin, i tried some of that blackwater extract and now im gonna have to figure out how to get good pics with it in there. made things look cloudy to the camera. ill try some different lighting or something. he/she seems cool but so far hasnt eaten but also doesnt run from me so i dunno. kinda hangin round the top for a while then the bottom, then the middle, top, lol i dont know what exactly he's doin but seems fine near as I can tell. ill keep close watch the next couple days. later ill get some pics up of my other piranha tanks with the big rbps and the little ones as well. as for now enjoy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got the pics,

turned out real cloudy lookin, i tried some of that blackwater extract and now im gonna have to figure out how to get good pics with it in there. made things look cloudy to the camera. ill try some different lighting or something. he/she seems cool but so far hasnt eaten but also doesnt run from me so i dunno. kinda hangin round the top for a while then the bottom, then the middle, top, lol i dont know what exactly he's doin but seems fine near as I can tell. ill keep close watch the next couple days. later ill get some pics up of my other piranha tanks with the big rbps and the little ones as well. as for now enjoy!

·
Quintessential 80s Guy
5,857 Posts
if someone good with photoshop can do a negative image stabilization, they could determine if they are bars or spots.

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
I had a friend of mine who ordered a "hollandi" from Pedro a few months back, it ended up being a juvenile S. Compresus, I have yet to see a true hollandi in anyone's posession...I hope it is one, because I'd really like to see it so please post pics when he arrives!
AKA "Don't buy from him man, hit us up"
[/quote]

Read up and you'll understand the doubt about it being a hollandi: Serrasalmus hollandi

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understand the doubt. I dont care, he's a good looking fish with an outgoing personallity so far. only thing is he's hangin round the top of the aquarium making me wonder what exactly is wrong with the water as all tests are coming out good... only thing different is this one has blackwater extract that pedro sent to me... shouldnt have caused a problem. i just threw a brand new penguin 350 on it just now with some old filter media in it as well so i can get the new biowheels started with bacteria. I only had a whisper on it before with a jack in the tank but now with the p i decided to way up the filter. anywho thanks for the comments and ill get better pictures in the next few days/weeks

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
all fish would generally act like that after being shipped such a distance....give him a couple hours or a day or what not to get used to his surroundings...looks like a neat fish

1 - 19 of 19 Posts