Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm had a big prob with snails in my P tank, appears that some of em survived and got into his new tank, but now i found they are great for a pet i recently caught

hehe the new snail exterminator. all i gotta do is take out the snails i find and dump into my pals terrarium hehe

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I second that!! That would be nice to have a frog help with snail problems in a P tank if only they wouldnt get eatten.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I wonder why P's won't eat snails. My Oscar will eat them shell and all but my rbp's won't even look at them. But then again my O will eat just about anything.

I also recommend loaches for snail extermination they seem to love them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
P's seem to live with snails no problem. I think if you asked every member, they would say the same thing.

I asked why once, but no one asnswered. It must be a big secret.

·
Registered
972 Posts
pamonster said:
Will P's live with snails or will they just eat them?
I've never had snails before, so don't know, but Kory mentioned above your post they don't.

Not sure if that means all of them don't or not, or just his.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
thomisdead said:
I asked why once, but no one asnswered. It must be a big secret.
as far as I know a piranha may look at a snail and decide it is a rubbish meal as it tastes bad and it is small and not worth eating, especially due to the horrible shell.

also I dont have snails - I don't know why, perhaps my piranhas do eat them, and I'm sure my other fish in my other tanks do also

·
Registered
56 Posts
My red bellies will NOT eat Ramshorn snails, which is cool because I breed them in the Red Belly tank and then throw them into my frontosa tank for them to eat! Free food!

Ricky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts