Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some different cichlid pellets for the cons I got. But they seem to be a bit too big, so I'll go back tomorrow and get either some smaller ones or just flakes for now... However, I did drop some in the tank anyway. And it's amusing because the filter pushes the floating pellets down which drives my bigger con insane and he chases it around and through the current and such. Quite entertaining.

Also... I was thinking about picking up either a small group of barbs or a larger group of neons tomorrow to act as dithers with my cons and to get them going a bit more. In terms of both types, what would be a good number? And in terms of barbs, what type would be good to consider?

For reference sake... It's a 29 gallon. One con is about 3.5" or so and the other is about 2".

Thanks.

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But see... you have something else in the tank. I just have two cons in there right now.

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided not to go with the tiger barbs as they were WAY too expensive at the pet store I was at. A group of five or six would've cost tons more than the cons themselves, and that just seems stupid.

I did however get a deal on some danios. And they're whipping around the tank like mad. We'll see if that can grab the cons' attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.