Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else's baby p's that don't like bloodworms? I've been feeding my p's frozen cubes of brine and bloodworms and they just peck and spit out the bloodworm, but with the brine they straight tear it up leaving the bloodworm to sink to the gravel.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
My reds really liked that stuff when they were babies. I don't know if you just toss the cubes on when still frozen, but I defrosted them in a cup of warm water first. I noticed that they were a bit reluctant to have a go at it when it was still frozen solid, so maybe that might help.
What you could as well try is regular tropical fish flakes: my reds loved it when still small, and even now, when I'm feeding their tank mates, they sometimes swallow a flake or two...

·
Registered
972 Posts
It's normal for all fish to like/dislike a certain food. I have a garbage-can some might know it by their better-known name called a Flowerhorn? This sob wil eat anything and everything you put in there but he won't touch krill. ALL fish love 2 things I thought-
1. Brine Shrimp
2. Krill

If you really have to have your fish eat bloodworms because their isn't many options, then don't feed them for 3-5 days and throw the bloodworms in. (Don't worry. fish can go at least a month-month in a half w/o eating since they don't burn any calories and their body temp is regulated by the water temp they are in)

Otherwise, just feed them something different. It's no biggie. Not all humans like anchovies, either.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah a flowerhorn will eat just about anything LOL
weird they wont eat bloodworms, never had this problem, even if it is still frozen.
...some fish just have different appetites so all its all good

·
Registered
972 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
yeah a flowerhorn will eat just about anything LOL
weird they wont eat bloodworms, never had this problem, even if it is still frozen.
...some fish just have different appetites so all its all good
I know what you're saying Snow, but it's Krill he won't eat, not bloodworms.

Just incase I bring this up later on I don't want you to jump on me for saying I said he won't eat bloodworms is all, that's the only reason I responded bro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts