Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hes in a bag in a rubbermaid box in my tank now i just added a cup of tank water to the bag that hes in i will continue to do that every 15 mins for an hour then ill put him into the tank hows that sound to you guys???

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and he is TOTALLY ON HIS SIDE is that normal for a shipped fish???
PLEASE SAY YES i mean he is laying on his side completely

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Yes, my piranhas always lay on their side even when I slowly acclimate them. Not sure why, but they do. I think it also may be a way of 'playing dead' since my reds do it just when transporting them and such.

Yes, using the cup will be fine as long as you do it in small increments.
~Taylor~

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so hes still alive though right? apparently if his eyes are still red hes alive is that true?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
wow, you killed him already?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please dont say sh*t like that im already on the edge here because ive never done this before

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really hope hes ok thank you for the reassurance

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you joey'd

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
obviously but if he doesnt make it i think ill SNAP!!!! i really mean ill SNAP i did everything i could took all the advice from p-fury so if it still dies then i dont know what happened...

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
it is likely sedated depending on who shipped it to you.

you should have run a drip line into the bag with a piece of airline hose just get a syphon going and let it drip into the bag with the fish

congrats and post some pics soon

check for any ammonia burns and if there are some add some salt to the tank and raise the temp to about 85

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i havent taken him out of the rubbermaid container yet but when i do i will let you know what he looks like but i dont want to have too much light on him ya know so about pics will a flash or two be ok or will it totally freak him out?

and what do ammonia burns look like anyway plus i got him from Cichlid City in BC one of our sponsors and yes he is sedated

·
Registered
279 Posts
obviously but if he doesnt make it i think ill SNAP!!!! i really mean ill SNAP i did everything i could took all the advice from p-fury so if it still dies then i dont know what happened...
No he wont die
but if you see him go bellie up put your hand in there and shake him up so he wont die I had many P's belly up and I kept my hand in the tank a I kept on shaking my p's to bring it back to life and it worked with more than 3 P's that this happened to and other chiclids I had. Because I of the cold water.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts