Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pitcus catfish has part of net caught on him and he doesnt look so good..what should i do

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't understand...we need more info
what more info do u need..i was just transporting them from my other place and he got stuck..theres only a little left on him..do u think it will fall off???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha u act like its a big piranha with teeth.
hahahahahaa ur so funny..wtf am i gonna do bust my balls trying to get him out of the tank..and btw it wont come off i already tried..thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
how is he doing now

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
yeah I hate those spined cats. always getting themselves stuck in the nets. Just keep working it till it comes off. If it went in it has to be able to come back out. Maybe cut the net. (thats why I don't get them or Ralph cats anymore.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
same thing happened to mine. he lives in my 15 gal goldfish tank. he runs the tank. he started to lose color then acted very wired and did not hide any more. he always hides. well anyway he lived and is more activity than ever before. all i can say when you catch them make sure you use a plastic cup with small holes in it to let the water run through it. I had to cut my net to peaces to let him out

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts

I recently picked up one of these little doodads. nowhere for the spines to get caught. And it is clear so it dosen't scare the fish and makes them easier to catch. Maybe this would work well for the spined cats.

I know it looks like a crack pipe. but no its acrylic. lol.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...030064&Ne=2

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Yeah, the best way to get that net off of him would be to take him out and cut it away. Catfish's pectorial fins are lined with little barbs and hang on everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.