Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from buying my two new piranhas..
One isnt moving at all, and the other is swimming a tiny bit but seems to be gasping for air... i dont know what to do. The guy from shark aquarium said they'd be fine for the ride... i floated them, and now they look like theyre about to die. And other than that, he took them out of the tank, and put them in a plastic bag with a paper bag tied around the outside, and now that I'm looking at it, the one seems like he's not even a red belly. I'll get a picture up ASAP, if he even lives. What do I do if they die? Am I just out of 80 Bucks? Thanks guys.. I don't knwo what I did wrong.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
From what I have heard they will do that when you first put them in the tank. Some will play dead and others will just sit on the bottom. I would say wait a little bit and see what they do, will take time for them to adjust to the new surroundings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah... I put two new ones in my tank and they just sat at the bottom for about an hour then started moving around and now almost a week later they are swimming around like they have been in the tank forever. Im sure if they do die just take them back with the reciept with a water sample and they will replace them. Good luck

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drive was about an hour to an hour and a half... but they said the fish would be fine. Theyre swimming around more, but I really think the guys gave me one red and one gold spilo. Can these live together?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
don't worry.turn off your lights and them ease into there new surrounding, there just stressed out with the ride and all

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez, you guys are quick! Lol. The fish are doing a little better now. Only thing I'm worried about is that I'm almost positive one is a gold piranha. I'm working on the picture. Thanks so much guys. Pfury rules. :rockin:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
did you buy them as gold?you never mentioned what kind you got?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Kolbenschlag said:
Jeez, you guys are quick! Pfury rules. :rockin:
were pfury family here.here to lend a helping hand

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got reds. I told the guy reds and he scooped them out a of tank that had all reds. (or I thought it did.) I paid for reds. I mentioned it to the guy and he said it was just a variation in color either because they are wild or they were scared, btu the more I look at him, he's definately a different type of fish. Im thinking Gold simply by the pics I've seen here, but I'm no expert... still working on a pic. lol (the new fish are probably about 5-5 1/2 inches, and the one I had is a little smaller)

G

·
The one that you believe to be a gold spilo is probably just a mature redbelly they almost get golden black when they are larger, and shark aquarium is like pirahna nerds they wouldn't screw up if you bought two redbellies. Simple way to tell did he take both fish outta the same tank at the store? Good luck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The one is a red but the other is not a pygo, it is serra species, you can tell by the body. You need to split them up some how. Do you have another tank that is cycled or a divider?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts