Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 5 rbp's 2-3 inches it has been 4 days since they have eaten. When i drop shrimp one p takes a small bite and leaves the shrimp alone the others just act like its not there. i tried beef heart yesterday and they didn't eat that. when i got them they were being fed feeder goldfish so i bought some from the lps and my p's got ick from them so i am not going to risk them getting ick again so nomore feeders. I was going to give them mealworms but the lps said that my p's probably wouldn't eat them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And u know how normal rbp's tail fins are just a straight line , one of mines starts out as a straight line the forks like an upside down v

G

·
They are unlikely to starve themselves and will most likely eat what is given eventually. They can go a long time without eating, over a month. Although this of course is not ideal. Try some other foods and don't worry so much. They will have to be weaned off live foods, better for their health and your pocket.

You could try something like garlic extreme. Smelly garlic can be tempting for fish!

Good luck

·
Registered
365 Posts
They will eat eventually, don't let the fact that they are not eating bother you too much...it's no major problem

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
extreme garlic? what is that? what kind a p's do u have? did u see what i put about the 1 pirahnas tail what do u think it is. I think it is a rbp it looks like the others but different tail. i am trying to get some good pics soon hopefully

G

·
Garlic Exreme is a Kent product I believe. Usually used to get marine fish eating. Its just a safe garlic extract that fish find tempting. Quite expensive over here like.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try feeding them frozen hikari bloodworms. Break off a piece and put it in warm water wait 30 seconds and pour it in. My p's were doing the same thing, and I started feeding them bloodworms and they started eating like crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts