Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a large water change 50% because my ammonia was up and now all 4 rbp's are listlessly floating sort of on their sides

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If the temperature was the same and you added some kind of start right or dechlorinator they should have been fine.

I performed 2 50% water changes last week with no problems.
If you didn't add dechlorinator, add it.

Also, even a couple degrees will throw your fish into shock, granted that can't be changed now.

Kyle

·
Registered
775 Posts
to lower ammonia i would cut back a little on feeding and make sure to clean up after they are done... generally about 2 minutes after the food hits the water it needs to come out. The ps should be okay, add some water conditioner to the water you put in (unless you already have) and some stress coat. A little aqua salt is good for gill function also.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
ok. So whats the deal?
What temp WAS the tank and what temp is it now?
Did you dechlor the water before adding it?
Fresh water should not harm your fish so there has to have been something wrong with they way you went about the waterchange.
What are your water params now? ammonia/nitrites/nitrates

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok. So whats the deal?
What temp WAS the tank and what temp is it now?
Did you dechlor the water before adding it?
Fresh water should not harm your fish so there has to have been something wrong with they way you went about the waterchange.
What are your water params now? ammonia/nitrites/nitrates
the deal is 4 dead fish, i think i added the water too fast though i did put conditioner in it. another thing the fish seemed to have possibly thrown up the night before last. the tilapia I was feeding them was less than 4 days old. could that be it? they had a white film on them when they died but were not slimy at all. let me know what i did wrong, this sucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts