Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby rhom (about 1") seems to be bloated, he cant stay at one level in the water, he has to swim nose down to stay at the bottom, other than that he's is still feeding very well.

Any help would be appreciated.#

Thanks.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Welcome to the site

If it is the swim bladder, their is not much you can do, except for ensuring that you have good water quality.
but it could also be internal bacteria, I would do a 30-50% waterchange, and add some internal bacteria medicine just to be safe.
I would also repeat the waterchange in 2-3 days.

oh, and where did you get a rhom in the UK?

G

·
if it is a swim bladder infection there is medication for it..... it's called fungus eliminator from jungle.... i think i got it a wal-mart it only costs like 2-4 dollars... hope it helps...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
sometimes P's will swim like this as well, but if you are certain it is this then you should get some meds and keep on top of the water.
...and howcome this isn't posted in the sick forum?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, hes doing just fine now. i didnt do anything apart from a water change 20-30%, and the next day he was back to normal.

I got the Rhom from a place called 'birstall garden center' its in leicester, UK. They have a pretty good aquatics section. cost 4.70. had to place a special order took 2 weeks shipping from brazil they told me "shrug" ? a friend of mine brought 2 RBP's from there also, there doing great, around 5-6" now.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
thanks for the info on the rhom, I will have to look into getting one for myself.
and its good to hear that it is better, but I would do another water change in a few days, just to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts