Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got anew angelfish. its about the size of a quarter. i think it is dieing. it was fine for the past 2 days. its in my 37 gallon. with a pleco, a firemouth and some guppies. a couple minutes ago i went to go check on my dwarf puffers(possibly spawning soon!) and it was laying on the gravel just breathing.

i got my net and scooped it up thinking it was pretty much dead. when i did that it twitched a lot and tried to swim. it just kinda floated to the surface while twitching and then sunk again.

if it is not to late for me to save it i would appreciate any help i can get.
i don't have any test kits so i don't know what the parameters are but i just did a water change yesterday.

i know that angels are a bit more sensitive but when i got my water tested at the lfs they everything was good and that was two days ago.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It could be getting bullied by the firemouth, or it coud also be something to do with a swim bladder problem or internal parasite, might want to get some treatment from the fs. Are these puffers in with it, because tats not a good idea if they are

chris

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it died. but i could have been bullied by the firemouth but whenever i was watching the tank it didn't seem to bother it. it would swim right past it. and the puffers are in their own tank right now. it was in the puffer tank but it was getting bullied pretty bad so i moved it.

thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it died. but i could have been bullied by the firemouth but whenever i was watching the tank it didn't seem to bother it. it would swim right past it. and the puffers are in their own tank right now. it was in the puffer tank but it was getting bullied pretty bad so i moved it.

thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
It died of stress. I've lost many quarter size angels that way. They're easily stressed and some will even stop eating completely.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You keep them seperate in another tank. Angels are similar to discus, easily stressed. When you pick a new one, get one that is very active and likes to stay near the top of tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts