Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew is setting up a tank and got one of these canisters. He's not sure what goes in the canister is it the micron cartridge or does that only go in once and a while to polish? What goes in the canister on a continual basis?

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
My nephew is setting up a tank and got one of these canisters. He's not sure what goes in the canister is it the micron cartridge or does that only go in once and a while to polish? What goes in the canister on a continual basis?
In the carbon contianer you can put carbon, peat, extra biological material (crushed lava rock, biomax, etc...) or leave it empty and put a blue bonded filter sleeve around that. That is what is best to run on a continual basis.

You can use the micron cartridge with or without a blue bonded filter sleeve anytime, but you'll be doing more frequent maintainance if you use it all the time...it really is designed more for polishing.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Fill the carbon container with bio media. Do not use carbon unless you want to remove some medicine from your tank and only temporarily.

Harry

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Fill the carbon container with bio media. Do not use carbon unless you want to remove some medicine from your tank and only temporarily.

Harry
I agree with Harry. Carbon has been known to cause hole in the head syndrome.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I fill my media container with filter floss and slap a blue sleeve on the outside. I really like the extra polish from the floss and it holds so much that I dont worry about clogging. Of course my lack of clogging issues could also be from the two AC500s that I have on the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts