Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey we are doing printmaking in art class. and i have to do a print of a fantasy animal (a combination of 2 animals). i was just thinking of merging a piranha with something somehow. anyone have an ideas? or would like to draw me a simple sketch?

· Registered
2,647 Posts
hmmm i dunno what would look half decent mixed with a piranha...

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
printmaking huh... hs? probably with linolium blocks and lino cutters. be VERY careful. those things will take huge chunks of skin out. or go right through your hand. nasty lil bastards

i dunno. it'd be really hard to merge a p with anything. i'd stick to more commonplace morphs. chimerae, gryphons, pegasai, etc.

· Registered
468 Posts
a liger... haha no

do something that is closely related to the water... for example dont do a giraffe and a piranha that would just look stupied and ridiculous..
amphibian/fish would be sweet
do something along the lines of a piranha and a frog... or a piranha and a lizard

· Registered
800 Posts
Tinkerbelle said:
printmaking huh... hs? probably with linolium blocks and lino cutters. be VERY careful. those things will take huge chunks of skin out. or go right through your hand. nasty lil bastards

i dunno. it'd be really hard to merge a p with anything. i'd stick to more commonplace morphs. chimerae, gryphons, pegasai, etc.
[snapback]861299[/snapback]​
yea with linolium; my teacher was warning us about that and yelling when we werent holding the tools correctly.

but he wants an original morph. like one student did a elephant with eagle wings, and another a tarantula with a scorpion stinger.

ideas like that.

if someone could draw a sinple sketch of anything that they thought looked decent that would be much appreciated. im not exactly an artist.

heffer2028 said:
amphibian/fish would be sweet
do something along the lines of a piranha and a frog... or a piranha and a lizard
[snapback]861299[/snapback]​
i like that idea

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
for a piranha you'd probably want to mix it with a land animal and turn it into a biped. i.e. you can take the head of a piranha and use the hind legs of a wolf. the piranhas fins can act as arms.

here are some combinations that you could do:

piranha head + wolf legs
piranha head + chicken torso
piranha head + hippo body [a bit difficult]

the possibilities are endless. just use your imagination and do research. right now i'm taking an organic modelling class and found that animal anatomy books for reference are priceless.

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
lwrlevel said:
very creative.. I like the added effect with the poo!!

[snapback]861392[/snapback]​

Amazing!

I don't have any advice on what to actually make, but I've worked with the same printing method as your meant to and detail is sometimes hard to get if you're not overly artistic and/or skilled with the tools. So my main advice is keep it simple. It's easy to screw up and there's no erasing.

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i actually like the dog and piranha idea. but if someone could draw a "better" version that would be cool. i dont think my teacher could tell that the head was that of a piranha.

Jebus, your drawing was good mind you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.