Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a 120 gallon tank 48x24x24. I've been looking around in stores and online and I need advice on where to purchase, and what type of material to get. Im leaning toward glass but acrylic is not out of the question. www.glasscages.com has this tank in acrylic for $380, and glass for $275 is this a good deal?
They have pretty good deals on oak stands also and a package deal would be sweet. My black rhom would be the only occupant in the tank and im sure it would make him happy. Filtration is not a problem? Can anyone help me with some info on purchasing?

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Im in the market for a 120 gallon tank 48x24x24. I've been looking around in stores and online and I need advice on where to purchase, and what type of material to get. Im leaning toward glass but acrylic is not out of the question. www.glasscages.com has this tank in acrylic for $380, and glass for $275 is this a good deal?
They have pretty good deals on oak stands also and a package deal would be sweet. My black rhom would be the only occupant in the tank and im sure it would make him happy. Filtration is not a problem? Can anyone help me with some info on purchasing?
that is a steal!...also 120g with that demension are my favorite tank..it wide and not the long...go for glass IMO>>

·
YOU SUCK AT LIFE
2,239 Posts
I have had glass and acrylic glass is harder to scratch and it is held together by sylicone witch can dry rot crack and eventually leak but acrylic is lighter welded together and just as strong it will scratch easier but the have scratch removale kits you can us under water and those are both good prices but I would go acrylic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Acrylic is easier for them to ship by truck, Glass would be way more expensive to ship. So I guess it's going to have to be acrylic. They are located in Tennesee and Im in Pennsylvania so it has to be shipped. Thank you for the replies and the help. Im going to call and get a quote on a tank/oak stand combo.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
If you have the money to spare, Id go with acrylic and just be very careful not to scratch it as it is much softer than glass per say. Either one would be nice.

If you are looking to save some money, you might check your local craigslist... not sure where you are though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i have a tank that is that exact same size and made out of glass. its a great tank but its heavy as hell just the tank empty weighs almost 300 pounds or so then you put water and gravel and your talking about close to 1300 pounds or so. i like the one that i have but i dont plan on moving it any time soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.