Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
my snakehead does this when ammonia is high in the tank(work at times get the best of me)..scales become pale at timesand slime coat starts to look as tough its peel off....but a regular water change(50 percent in my tank) a few days later its back to normal for the big lug...

keep us updated on the situation> g.L

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have noticed some of his scales peeling off, but that doesnt explain the fact that he couldnt use his tail, he had no control over it.

im treating him still a 60 litre rubber maid container, treatment will last another 2-4 days, i have noticed an improvement with him so far, he has control over his tail for the most part. so im just waiting it out before i toss him back into the big tank.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i really don;t understand what you mean by unable to use its tail? was it trying to swim but unable too..body moving but not back fin? struggling?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k picture this, his head 5" below the surface, and his tail is floating on the surface. if he tries to swim, his fin stays staionary he has to more move the middle of his body extra hard to get anywhere,

after 5 days of treatment he seems to be doing a bit better, but swimming still seems to be an issue, and the area that was infected is changing colors and\or peeling off. im not quite sure, he won't eat in the hospital tank, so its been 5 days without food, i might take him out either today or tommorow at the latest.

ive followed procedure on the medication i was using, and even gave him an extra 2 days of dosage to see if he would improve.

ill give everyone an update when i move him back to my large tank

·
Registered
147 Posts
k picture this, his head 5" below the surface, and his tail is floating on the surface. if he tries to swim, his fin stays staionary he has to more move the middle of his body extra hard to get anywhere,

after 5 days of treatment he seems to be doing a bit better, but swimming still seems to be an issue, and the area that was infected is changing colors and\or peeling off. im not quite sure, he won't eat in the hospital tank, so its been 5 days without food, i might take him out either today or tommorow at the latest.

ive followed procedure on the medication i was using, and even gave him an extra 2 days of dosage to see if he would improve.

hope ur fish goes well man,one of mine died 5 days ago becuse that fungus was on half his body and he couldnt move,,i was too late to save him,

good luck on urs bro

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

hope ur fish goes well man,one of mine died 5 days ago becuse that fungus was on half his body and he couldnt move,,i was too late to save him,

good luck on urs bro
[/quote]

seriously? what did you try to do to treat it? mine looks like its stopped spreading but it seems like his muscle control in his tail is gone to hell. i have noticed little improvement. but he still refuses to eat, going on 1 week now.

·
Registered
147 Posts

good luck on urs bro
[/quote]

seriously? what did you try to do to treat it? mine looks like its stopped spreading but it seems like his muscle control in his tail is gone to hell. i have noticed little improvement. but he still refuses to eat, going on 1 week now.
[/quote]

i was too late.she kept on turning over and i kept putting her back straight.this was going on for about 7 hours ,i didnt have a clue what to do ,she was too paralised ,then she tipped over and a long line of air came out her belly and she died
it was a shitty day becuase i had her from when she was a baby and plus she was my frst fish man.it was the first time the other snakehead just stoped and stared at me while i was turning her over ,he normally goes mad when i piss around with their tank but he was just looking at me .youve gone a week now and ur snakehead is alive,u lucky keep taking crae of him and he should make it through.good luck bro

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
soory to hear dino..any update on your redline 45?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well he ate 1 smelt, and other than that he is a live. as far as improvements, he is getting some of his color back, but he still doesnt have full use of his tail

1 - 15 of 15 Posts