Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this new Wild RBP i got , i didnt notice how big of a mess it was in from the store... anyways.. I noticed it had Popeye, or some sort of Eye Fungus, so I put it in a 10G, with a Penguin filter. I removed the filter Cartridge and added an air stone. Because it is so damn skitish now, I put black garbage bags going around the tank so it doesnt stress so bad...

I added 1 TBSP salt for the POPEYE/FUNGUS

I added Melafix

--

Now I just noticed by the base of the tail, there is a YELLOW looking fungus, on the beginning of the fin.. I cant really explain it.. it just looks like a bunch of very very small yellow stuff at the start of his back fin.. THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED 2 be their.. im assuming it is a type of parasite? What do you guys reccomend?

sorry no pics, i cant find the adapter to my cam, + its sh*t anyway.

· Registered
567 Posts
oh and I called the LFS

and the fuckin loser said I AM the one making the fish sic because I put it in a 10G tank by itself, and its a PYGO and PYGOS need other fish, and the fish is 5 inches and its in a 10G tank, and the tank is 2 small, and im making it worse,, and i should put the fish in the big tank, where it is supposed 2 be.. and the fishs eye will get better by itself. and im making the eye worse. by stressing it out.. and salt wont do anything and im wasting my time.??

wtf is going on?

· Hello Everybody!
1,647 Posts
Yellow fungus-like growth is usually associated with columnaris (a bacterial infection). If the salt/melafix does not help. You will need to treat it with a gram negative antibiotic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.