Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Heres a couple of pictures of my tank with 20% water in it....is this too unlevel? THe tanks measurement from the bottom of the wall and top is different by 1/4 inch. Just want to know if its unsafe and if I need to do something about it. Im probably just freaking out for no reason.
Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Bumper Gas Automotive lighting Automotive design Tints and shades Bumper Gas Automotive lighting Home appliance Kitchen appliance Automotive design Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even with that difference in measurements from the bottom and top of the tank to the wall? Im just worried cause Im OCD about how I do things.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
have u tried using the trick of laying foam under the tank? i think prolly half inch works. The water will level itself out. Iv seen quite a few people that use this method.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
IMO that is fine... Ive had tanks off .5" from side to side before because of a shitty floor and they were fine for well over a year with no issues.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I filled it halfway with water and its still the same...the water level in the front is 1/16" difference. Im sure im just overthinking it but is this bad? Will it be ok and not cause a fracture in the tanks glass. Im just worried about waking up to a swimming pool in my living room. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Yea, I was just leasing an apt. for a year, now I live in a pretty nice duplex, the manager for it actually helped me move two of my tanks into the house and gave me a tank someone left at one of the other houses he manages.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thats too far off level it should be fine.

lol i meant to say it,s not too far off level it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha thanks...its been steady there for a while so im thinking im great. Thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
haha thanks...its been steady there for a while so im thinking im great. Thanks for all the replies
you are fine .. if you are still worried you could put a wood shim under it until it is level the cut the shim flush. i have found that a tank will be the same empty as it is full most of the time. what i am saying is if it is within the level lines it will still be there after it is full

1 - 12 of 12 Posts