Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to change my 55g over to a mudskipper tank. From what i understand i need brackish water... im curious as to the different methods that can be used for this, also trying to find somewhere where i can get mudskippers and a little info on them, like water temps, salinity (if thats what its called) levels, and how many i can keep in a 55! Thanks a lot guys

Please post any sites with VALUABLE information, ive read alot of different things and their all different
Plus: i like hearing it from people with experience with the subject... I love Pfury! If you know of any other helpful forums that might help me out that would be cool too, thanks guys!

Peace. Steve

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
I believe Kain setup a goby tank. Maybe drop him a pm. In terms of brackish, there are different "levels" of brackish in terms of salinity. You need to research what level your fish needs and then add the appropriate ratio of marine salt to your tankwater.

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Posting links to other forums I believe is against the rules.

I have no direct experience with muddskippers and the like, but I do know that there is not much for information on them. I would predict as brackish fish they would accept anything between 1.001-1.020 specific gravity. You would of course need to get saltwater mixes. I think they like their water fairly warm (about 80*) and youre tank should have enough water for them to swim, but not too much that they can get out of the tank on the land. I would say 3/4 full would be good. As for how many that depends on the species, if I remember right, but most get about 8" so I would say half a dozen would be good.

They are cool fish, nothing I would devote a 55 towards though.

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
Search for Richard's Mudskipper Page and if you get something with a .au extension, you'll be in business. That is one helluva site.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
thanks much guys, tibbs what can you suggest, i want something thats interactive or just cool as hell

elong is just not cutting it anymore, hes gonna have to go in the other room
i need something for the 55 :\

maybe some exodons? how many in a 55 gallon?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have 18 exos , just lost 2 recently, in a 55. Vary active, fun to feed, but you can give them flakes when you're in a hurry. Very pretty when well kept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts