Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up my rhom and its not skittish at all, in fact kinda agressive. just at first my friend came to my house to check it out and i went to see my gf cuz she was calling me. when i came back i saw my friend spooking the living shibbyshibbyshibbyshibby out of it. of course i stopped him when i saw it but now its very skittish. so my question to you guys is, will the rhom remain skittish from here on out or will the skittishness fade away? is there anything i came do to make him feel better? i gave him a feeder haha

·
Registered
351 Posts
i really dont know but my guess would be is that it will fade a way if you not trying to scare it just let it get used to your normal functions again after that i think he'll be fine

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Make the tank and surroundings as comfortable as you can for it and provide proper care for it, after time you will notice less skittishness.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my temp for the rhom is already 82. so i should add some salt to make it more agressive? how does that work someone explain to me please

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
to be honest I really don't know, PM SMTT and ask him, after all it is his thread.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im acutally doing that right now haha. by the way nice website =). oh yeah nate how come i dont see you are pfish anymore?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
oh yah Innes that avatar of yours now with the smilie face is pretty damn attractive :laugh:
Thanks
its an old pic, I have longer hair now

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
well geezes christ, you try to scare me id be skiidish also evne more when you scare it right after you got it.
now give it more time.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well its better now. stupid friend im going to punch him in the arm when i see him. i was soo happy the rhom was not skittish! but now its back to being a wussy. at least he eats and i saw him eat at lest once haha. thanks ray your cool. im shure the more time i give it to him the more he will come around. maybe adding a dither fish to it? silver dollar? large feeder? it is about 7". hey ray you know how hard it was for me to get the rhom out of the bucket and into my tank? this fish is all power!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, it covered me with water when I took it out of the 55. My new caribes are extremely powerful also, they are a bit bigger than the rhom though.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so would adding a silver dollar or some fast fish might get him less skittish? and if so, how big should it be? my rhom again is about 7" on a update, today when i came back home before i turned on the light i saw the rhom trying to attack me and i was a good 2 feet away from the tank. but once the light was on he was back in the corner hiding. =(

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
o snap its eric said:
so would adding a silver dollar or some fast fish might get him less skittish?
it might make him fatter

small danios = fast and too small to bother with, still might be eaten though.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
fishman2 said:
"so i should add some salt to make it more agressive?"

Wha the ? Where did this idea come from?
SMTT's tutorial - I added a link above

1 - 19 of 19 Posts