Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2x135 gallon tanks 72x18x25

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, last time you guys helped me out alot. i'm making a fish room down stairs, and im gonna be building my tank(s) into the wall. which would you rather have? 1 240 mixed shoal tank, or 2x 135s with an all tern tank and an all cariba tank? i can't make up my f*cking mind, and im going crazy!! oh the 135s would be built side by side on the wall. thx

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
i say 2 135g...so you can house your pygo and other you can house you shoal Geryi or cohab some serra..240g a big tank and it good, but if you going to have lots of different fish go with 2 135g..if you going to have a huge shoal of pygo go with 240g..IMO

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i say 2 135g...so you can house your pygo and other you can house you shoal Geryi or cohab some serra..240g a big tank and it good, but if you going to have lots of different fish go with 2 135g..if you going to have a huge shoal of pygo go with 240g..IMO
thinkin ahead...good job....could of said it any better....if your wanting just ONE shoal then get the 240 with a sick one...if you want couple groups get the 2 tanks..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I agree, go with the 2 135g. I like to keep the species together. I like your idea of one Tern tank and one Cariba tank. They would look sweet together. Will they be divided with some trim or whats your idea on the placement in the wall? You may need to put something between the tanks so that they cant see each other, or you may end up with some big chimples. Good Luck, either way very nice setup.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yeah id have to go for the 240 and mix turns and caribe man that would be sick hands down the 240

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
yeah id have to go for the 240 and mix turns and caribe man that would be sick hands down the 240
that would be a sick tank for a HUGE HUGE pygo shoal....i wonder if i can change my vote to the 240...just imagine having like 5 caribe, 4 ternz, and like 5 super reds in there....oh god im drooling

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I voted for the 2 135 gallon tanks. I also like single species shoals better. I think it's more natural, and overall more impressive when you have one species. Don't get me wrong, I like mixed shoals sometimes, but I pretty much like single specied ones better.

Plus, as pointed out already, you could always change your mind in the future and decide you want a big Serra in the other tank or something.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*

·
Registered
655 Posts
I voted for the 2 135 gallon tanks. I also like single species shoals better. I think it's more natural, and overall more impressive when you have one species. Don't get me wrong, I like mixed shoals sometimes, but I pretty much like single specied ones better.

Plus, as pointed out already, you could always change your mind in the future and decide you want a big Serra in the other tank or something.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Tank and Equipment Forum*
I completely agree with this , I would say 2 135's good luck man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts