Piranhas Forum banner

which piranha should I get?

  • Pygocentrus cariba

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus elongatus

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus gouldingi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus irritans

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus manuelli

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pygocentrus piraya

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus medinei

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pygocentris ternetzi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serrasalmus scapularis

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a solitary piranha. and it can't be a natt. rhom or spilo because I want something I don't already have.I will be getting this piranha small if I can.I don't mind waiting for it to grow. preferably I would like a piranha that not many people have.I will try my best to get whatever piranha is the winner, but thats not a garentee(depending on costs and availability)
 

·
Me except the eye color
Joined
·
6,210 Posts
Go with a manullei or elong. i heard irritans suck. =( Manullei are so freaking pretty i want one but i have no space. Ellong from what i hear are crazy!

but if you want something no1 has, go for the irritan. They are extremly hard to get mainly because at young sizes they look like every other serrasalmus speices. Good luck deciding, its the best part of having a new tank.
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o snap its eric said:
Go with a manullei or elong. i heard irritans suck. =( Manullei are so freaking pretty i want one but i have no space. Ellong from what i hear are crazy!

but if you want something no1 has, go for the irritan. They are extremly hard to get mainly because at young sizes they look like every other serrasalmus speices. Good luck deciding, its the best part of having a new tank.
i voted for a manullei, I like that fish a lot.
 

·
joey'd is da man
Joined
·
14,077 Posts
Serrasalmus elongatus
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hastatus said:
Go with the fish you can best afford and take care of.
I can take care of any one of those piranha's, and if its expencive, ill just have to save . but I want something different, i would like to have a large collection of piranha species some day.
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
Cariba shoal rules!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,961 Posts
nitrofish Posted on Jun 4 2003, 04:48 PM ...I am looking for a solitary piranha. and it can't be a natt. rhom or spilo because I want something I don't already have.I will be getting this piranha small if I can.I don't mind waiting for it to grow. preferably I would like a piranha that not many people have.I will try my best to get whatever piranha is the winner, but thats not a garentee(depending on costs and availability)
If you want unseen by others and rarely collected for the hobby, then perhaps Pristobrycon calmoni or the true Venezuelan S. medinai would do. No one to my knowledge has any of these fish in their collection. The one's you have listed in your "list" are common for the hobby, except S. medinai which is often S. spilopleura CF. S. scapularis is a vario-type of S. eigenmanni. And of course you know about ternetzi.
 

·
Captain Britannia
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
nickg has a brandti which is wicked (ive seen the vids) and looks real nice and not that popular as other species of p's go ask ron he da man
dixon
 

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
Joined
·
18,487 Posts
Why did you have Pygos in your poll if you only wanted saolitaries??
Anyways, Id get either the Elong or Brandtii... both are nice!!!
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hastatus said:
nitrofish Posted on Jun 4 2003, 04:48 PM ...I am looking for a solitary piranha. and it can't be a natt. rhom or spilo because I want something I don't already have.I will be getting this piranha small if I can.I don't mind waiting for it to grow. preferably I would like a piranha that not many people have.I will try my best to get whatever piranha is the winner, but thats not a garentee(depending on costs and availability)
If you want unseen by others and rarely collected for the hobby, then perhaps Pristobrycon calmoni or the true Venezuelan S. medinai would do. No one to my knowledge has any of these fish in their collection. The one's you have listed in your "list" are common for the hobby, except S. medinai which is often S. spilopleura CF. S. scapularis is a vario-type of S. eigenmanni. And of course you know about ternetzi.
well, I guess it can't be so rare that I can't buy it.
. just not as common.everyone has natts and rhoms, but not many have elongs. that might be my next piranha, ill close voteing this weekend.
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RhomZilla said:
Why did you have Pygos in your poll if you only wanted saolitaries??
Anyways, Id get either the Elong or Brandtii... both are nice!!!
not that it as to be a solitary fish, but that it will be alone even if its a pygocentrus species.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top