Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i treat ammonia burn from shipping im getting my 11" diamond rhom tomorrow and now i hear hes going to have ammonia burn??? what do i do???

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since he will be ina tank by himself, raise the temp and add some salt to it....and water changes...he should be alright
ok i get him tomorrow whats to say that he will have them for sure? and he will already be stressed out enough from a 5 hour flight and he will be sedated are you sure that he can handle the salt? and isnt melafix WAY better anyway>?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
since he will be ina tank by himself, raise the temp and add some salt to it....and water changes...he should be alright
ok i get him tomorrow whats to say that he will have them for sure? and he will already be stressed out enough from a 5 hour flight and he will be sedated are you sure that he can handle the salt? and isnt melafix WAY better anyway>?
[/quote]
You can use both and sorry about bringing up the Ammonia. Just wanna get you ready thats all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its all good i need to know everything i can do to make him survive when he gets here but its an hour drive home and its cold out what should i bring to help???

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
you really dont need to worry man, like i posted in your other thread, an hour drive in -3 weather with your heat on in your car, and your fish still in the sedation stage...he should be fine

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
its all good i need to know everything i can do to make him survive when he gets here but its an hour drive home and its cold out what should i bring to help???
Heat pads or a portable heater, blankets. Your gonna pick him up or whats the deal tell me the story please if you don't mind.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know enough about Piranhas dude... but yes this is my first shipped Piranha so im a little over nervous so sorry if i come off being an irresponsible loser like some Piranha owners i know around here in kitchener...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
melafix be sure to removce the carbon from the tank though please dude the same sh*t happen to my fish becareful

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i know enough about Piranhas dude... but yes this is my first shipped Piranha so im a little over nervous so sorry if i come off being an irresponsible loser like some Piranha owners i know around here in kitchener...
relax man....you will do fine...ask all the questions you can think of, thats why were here

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Remove Carbon, And in small amounts of tank water to Rhomb,Dont throw his ass in add a little bit of a stress Zime. After your done with that part add him to your tank. Thats all I did when I got my 3.5inch Rhomb from Rodgers Aquatics.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have activated carbon in my filter Rena Xp3 should i take it out if i use melafix? as for putting him into the tank when he gets here i know im going to set the bag hes in into the tank to adjust to the water... now afterwards i want to know what i can do to stiulate his mind to get him to adjust faster beside no lights raise temp and so on and so forth? and yes his flight will be landing at 4:54 pm tomorrow afternoon and i will be there to pick him up i will drive about an hour to get home so thats why im worried no air stone or anbything in the shipment bag is there? see this is what gets me worried what about his air

Remove Carbon, And in small amounts of tank water to Rhomb,Dont throw his ass in add a little bit of a stress Zime. After your done with that part add him to your tank.
ok so while he is in the bag leave him in and slowly add little bit of my tank water into it??? is that what you mean? that sounds like an even better idea but my water params are pretty damn near the exact as Cichlid cities tank that they had him in but still i dont want to f*ck this up its an expensive fish

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i wouldnt worry about the air man....the people who are shipping to you know what they're doing, add (cant remeber the name off the top of my head)...but it helps out with ammonia and oxygen....the fish is sedated so he can be a bit less stressed for the ride....i know this is your 1st shipped fish...and believe me, i would have some worries to...but to asure you man, your fish will be fine...make sure the light is off on your tank when your placing him in there because hes been in dark the whole shipment, and light would be pretty bright on him....nothing you can really do to help him get adjusted quicker...from what i hear rhoms take a bit of time for that....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so he will be fine just no lights and higher temp? not too much movement in front of the tank and he should be fine am i right?>

and what about this carbon thing i mean i have activated carbon in my filter should i take it out if i use melafix?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Piranhas last about 2-3days max that I know of with out any air,just whats in the bag. Just make sure that from the drive he gets some heat like some heat pads and you know the rest. what i do is take a cardboard box with some towels and pads and cover him up. And yes remove the Carbon before you add the Melafix :nod:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Remove Carbon, And in small amounts of tank water to Rhomb,Dont throw his ass in add a little bit of a stress Zime. After your done with that part add him to your tank.
ok so while he is in the bag leave him in and slowly add little bit of my tank water into it??? is that what you mean? that sounds like an even better idea but my water params are pretty damn near the exact as Cichlid cities tank that they had him in but still i dont want to f*ck this up its an expensive fish
[/quote]
Thats what I mean. He will be fine it's just that in your mind he is a big loss if something happens to him.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you guys and as for the whole carbon thing isnt it in the water still even if i take it out of the filter?
and if i use salt how much and what kind and will i have to remove the carbon then too?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts