Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it bad to do more than water change a day? i did a 15% now i noticed this like film on the top of the water, I really feel like i should do a water change. some one please answer quickly if you can.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi..the film on the water is proberly the oils from fish that you feed..I find if you get a spare jug of tank water and rince the food of first helps to keep it down,
plus dont do too big of a water change this could really upset your balance of your parameters..do 10% each day untill your happy they go back to your normal rota

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
I did about a 40% wc, im going to turn off the lights so my fish can be little stressed as possible, and so i can stop worring about it , because ther is nothing i can doo after this
Well you have to skim the top water to get rid of the protein buildup. having good amount of surface agatation will help to keep it from building up some.

or you can manually skim it with a small bucket or something you can dip into the tank.

Or you can wait a couple hours and do another water change. but manually skimming is less work.

BTW a 10% waterchange on a large tank is pointless and not worth the effort of puling your gear out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.