Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
mine has the same stuff. only a few of them tho. all im doing is a salt treatment, it hasn't gotten any worse. i would move him to a solo tank so he doesnt get the other sick. then turn up the heat a touch. ill let you know if i have any luck of any good advice. drop me a line if you hear anything as well please.

·
Registered
523 Posts
even though im not sure what that is i would not recommend popping them this could cause damage to the fish and stress him way out try it if you want but i would say not to
i dont know what else to try...its just not going away, its not getting bigger so im happy about that but idk what to do anymore.

·
Registered
523 Posts
idk, i gonna wait a bit longer and if no change after awhile i think i might either sell or try to hand clean im so lost with this treatment

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
this is not a fatal parasite, this is a parasite tho, my REDS used to have this WAY back in the day, look thru my posted threads....although my reds had like 2-3 on them each. (2 reds, 1 caribe) caribe didnt have it tho

I dono how they went away but i tried all kinds of meds back then...

but those are definitly parasites.

·
Registered
523 Posts
well lol like i said dont hold me to it but that is the closest thing i could find sorry for any misleading info just trying to find out wut that is
thanks for any info you find its all helpful. mine just has 5 small ones around its eye and its not growing and he is acting perfectly normal, i just want him with the rest and out of the hospital tank

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
just give that hospital tank the BEST water it can possibly have, do water changes everyday for the time he's in there. Dose with salt and have the tank temp set to about 84 maybe even 85-86

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is a lot of this about on Caribe at the moment here in the UK. Seems very stubborn to go. Most people have tried higher temps and salt but still it persists.
Have a look here http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/fish_diseases/..._disorders.html and see what you think.
It may help and work out a bit cheaper for you.
Two of my Caribe have it as well, if thats any consolation! I'm trying the salt route first.
Best of luck

·
Registered
523 Posts
I KNOW WHAT IT IS, i took my fish to sharkaquarium and george (nicest man ever) took my sick one and gave me a new one. He said its egg sacs, after the parasite is gone it leaves its egg sacs. He said you should be able to take it off with just ur finger. its not bad and is hard. PM me if you wanna know more.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I KNOW WHAT IT IS, i took my fish to sharkaquarium and george (nicest man ever) took my sick one and gave me a new one. He said its egg sacs, after the parasite is gone it leaves its egg sacs. He said you should be able to take it off with just ur finger. its not bad and is hard. PM me if you wanna know more.
thats something good to know....couple of my caribe has a couple....

·
Registered
523 Posts
thats something good to know....couple of my caribe has a couple....
[/quote]

he told me its not bad its just egg sacs and you can take it off urself hope that solves everyone else's problems

1 - 20 of 24 Posts